It was exactly
- 3 weeks prior to the death of Diana, Princess of Wales On 31 August 1997,
- 5 August 1997,
Nigel Spackman was appointed as permanent manager of Sheffield United
- 9 August 1997
Sheffield Wednesday lost an away game to Newcastle United.
- 10 August 1997
Sheffield United won an home game against Sunderland.
- 13 August Sheffield Wednesday lost a home game to Leeds United.
- David Pleat was manager of Sheffield Wednesday
- 16 August 1997 Sheffield United drew at an away game against Wolverhampton Wanderers.
- The Full Monty, was set and filmed in Sheffield in August 1997.
I wish i knew of other events around this time.
If people have any more memories of key events from august 1997 it would be great to hear.
2 Women and A Man were arrested, They were arrested after conflicting accounts about where Pat had stayed. Read more.
Also in 1997
A 45 Year old man was charged with my mums murder and later released due to a witness withdrawing a statement. Read more.
The police arrested 2 males who were later release without charge, the arrest came within 2 months of launching the website Who Killed My Mum, Read more.
The below are confirmed and possible sightings of my mum prior to her murder during the week she was missing.
- Thursday 7th August 1997
Confirmed Sighting at Northern General Hospital with a white male.
- Saturday 9th August 1997
- Possible Sighting – a man was seen talking to Pat about 12 hours before she was last seen alive. She was chatting to the man at about 7:45am at the junction of Holgate Crescent and Holgate Road on Saturday August 9. The man was white, aged about 30, five feet six to eight inches tall with dark hair, greasy or gelled. (This is the last known sighting of my mum before her body was found On Sheffield Lane Dike, Also known locally as The Brook, Or Tongue Gutter.)
- Unknown date
Possible sighting of my mum on lindsay crescent Sheffield S5, on the days prior to her murder.
Question’s we’d like answering if anyone can help are.
- Did anyone see her in or around the northern general on Thursday 7th August?
- Where did she stay its still unknown where she stayed for the week prior to her murder but she must have stayed somewhere.. please come forward if you let my mum stay at your house in august 1997, if you haven’t done anything you won’t have anything to worry about just please come forward with any information you may have.
And could anyone who may already have told the police they have seen her over the years and also those who haven’t told them and/or don’t want to speak to the police could they contact me either via the website or via my facebook page so i could try put together some possible timeline of the week prior to my mum’s murder. I can also pass on any information if your in fear of passing it on yourself directly. Thank you
✔Please keep sharing my post. Someone did this.. let them see it! Over and Over.
⏯Latest video (Graphic Content)